new love

love birds
lift
giddy
So my best friend is in love and it was very much evident in her actions, words and smiles this weekend. She has found someone that makes her laugh and let's her shine. I've never been a big fan of any of her boyfriends (I am a bit over-protective and maybe a little too picky) but I was pleasantly surprised by her new beau. He is a strong leader, he is passionate, he is a great communicator and he gets her. By the end of the weekend I was ok with leaving my lil sis in his hands, it did of course take some prying at my tightened fingers. Haha.

This is a poem that I love about love...
How Do I Love Thee? by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

8 comments:

antoinettemariew@blogspot.com said...

i love the expression on her face in the last one...kind of like, "finally i can relax and enjoy life with someone"...nice photos woman and so glad you got to spend time with a dear friend! blessings...

Tabitha Blue/Fresh Mommy said...

That poem is beautiful... and one I love!!! You took such great captures of them! They look great together and truly happy. I'm happy for them, and for you, what a relief!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Dr. Wifey said...

those are wonderful! you really captured their happiness and love

Crystal Rae said...

Those are great pictures... she sure does look IN LOVE

Jenny in Utah said...

that is wonderful ... look how happy and glowing they are ... yes, love is in the air

Gerri said...

You captured it! Beautiful choice of poetry. What a true friend you are! :)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Ah, new love. Nothing like it!!! They look like a cute couple but I can't really see him with his glasses on. The eyes are the windows to our soul, right?

Kelly said...

one of my favorite poems! your friend looks happy in love! great pictures!