left behind

left behind
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you." -Walt Whitman

So like I had mentioned in my previous post, today my friends and I set out on our first photo excursion (yes, we plan on going on many more), we had an awesome time and got a lot of great shots. Our day began at the railroad tracks where we got up close and personal with all things train, then we discovered an old truck filled with so much character that it could transport you back in time. From there we took a drive down a back road where we stumbled upon the remains of a house that had seen it's share of hardship. Leaving behind the wreckage we headed over to a dairy farm and had face time with some lovable cattle. I didn't want to leave the farm (you all know my love for all things farm) but Chris had other things in mind. We ventured on to a deer sanctuary where we coaxed a fawn into a spur of the moment photo-shoot. By this point we were all hungry, needed bathroom breaks and baby blue was ready to join us on our excursion. So we headed over to pick her up, got some lunch at good-ol' TGI Fridays and then set out on the rest of our journey. We explored an old factory and played in semi-truck beds filled with hay. Our day came to an end at Cold Stone where we all savored the creamy sweetness. This is the first photo from our ________ trip. If you are wondering about the _______, we have not yet figured out what we want to call our excursions. Anyone got any suggestions?

11 comments:

www.adephotography.com said...

love every single shots of your work. awesome

wondering how do you post the picture in a large size? can you please teach me, coz in my blog the pics are so small sigh

Tabitha in Bliss said...

Hi, I stumbled in by way of "A Thorn Among Roses." Have a beautiful Sunday!

Fresh Mommy said...

The photo turned out great! And I'm loving the quote too... looks familiar ;) Haha.

We had so much fun, can't wait for the next.. and for a name!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Jenny in Utah said...

How fun to run around with your camera all day with some friends ... looks like I need to get me a camera and get out there!

Can't wait to see what else you all did! (and will do) :)

Christopher said...

Love the tones.

Gerri said...

I am such a lover of Walt Whitman-great quote. Sounds like you all had such a wonderful adventure. I love this picture. There used to be life inside of there. People who cared for that place, who have now moved on. Moved on to make somewhere else their home.

Naming things is not my greatest strength. I think I am a bit too nerdy and simple. I would probably include words like possibilities, discovery, exploration, art, adventure, wonder, fun.

Have fun exploring wonderful name possibilities for your art adventures. Hahaha

antoinettemariew@blogspot.com said...

Foto Friends Furlows....k, so it's not great but off the top of my head....love the orange thingy in the pic, whatever it is, it's cool! great work! blessings...

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

what a great idea! I'm going to have to follow your lead and go away from the city to find someplace cool like that. The picture looks great!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

ps - I just realized that there is another Tabitha in your commenters - a third one I might add. What are the chances??

mommaof4wife2r said...

you still amaze me...love this shot.

Vanessa said...

All I know is that I wish I could come along!! I so love looking at your work...it make me feel, think, and inspires me in looking closer! LOVE IT ALL!

Oh and the building below...love the pp on it...gives such a great vibe!