plastic people



“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” -Ashley Smith

I love this quote because the beauty that she speaks of isn't something that is perfect or even seen as beauty by many, but when you realize its depths that beauty can be experienced by everyone. Whether it be the intricate patterns on the wings of a bee or the way a field of grass can look like the waves of the ocean when passed over by the wind, beauty isn't limited by time or age. Plastic people aren't beautiful, perfection is the farthest thing from beauty in my book.

10 comments:

Fresh Mommy said...

First... I love the new header!! Really love it, like want to steal it kind of love it. LOL

And the pics turned out great. Lovely quote too. It's so true. Beauty comes from such a deeper place, and is far from perfection.

antoinettemariew@blogspot.com said...

agree w/tab on the header, very chic....but so are those shots, I ADORE THESE, the color, the era, the contrast, THEY TOTALLY ROCK! nice work woman! blessings...

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

What a great quote! And I totally dig the new look of the site!

Christopher said...

The subtle tones make this work so well.

mommaof4wife2r said...

depth of field is great in these...love it!

Ashley Rose said...

I love that quote! I agree, beauty isnt perfection @ all =) love the shots too!!!

Karin said...

I absolutely agree with you. I think the thing I love most about photography is the way it makes me look at the world and see beauty in the most ordinary things.

Gerri said...

I really like this quote. Beauty comes is so many forms. Bri, you have such a wonderful talent. I just love checking in to your blog and finding something delightful. :)

Jenny in Utah said...

Love the new look, I'm all for little makeovers on the blog ... obviously!!! :)

As much as I love the photos, what you said, "Perfection is the farthest thing from beauty" ... LOVE IT! I might have to quote you on that. But, "The Velveteen Rabbit" has long been one of my favorite stories.

EYES WIDE SHUT said...

Absolutely. The fact that the beholders eyes decide the beauty, in my opinion makes for a wonderfully diverse world. We each have ideals of beauty, and for some of us, the beauty of a mountain, a butterfly, a newborn baby, a flowing river, can be the purest essence.

For me a sunrise and sunset, to lay in falling snow, wind on my face and the imperfections and characterful flaws in us all which are a beauty in themselves.

For others, the list will be so completely alternate.

A terrific image and words