One Day Without Shoes

TOMS Shoes

Today thousands of people are taking off their shoes to raise awareness.
Fact #1: In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to food, clean water and to seek medical help.
Fact #2: Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
Fact #3: Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.
Fact #4: In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
Fact #5: Podoconiosis is 100% preventable by wearing shoes.
For every pair of shoes you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of shoes to a child in need. One for One.

7 comments:

Tabitha in Bliss said...

I saw their commercial and thought this was a brilliant and beautiful idea!!

Jenny in Utah said...

This is a fantastic program, I am going to their website right now, thanks for spreading the word!

Crystal Rae said...

I saw the commercial too, and I think thats awesome that they would do that. I like how you presented it too with those facts..

Fresh Mommy said...

Great way to spread the word!!

Gerri said...

Cute toes. :) I am buying at least one pair. :)

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

wow, I had no idea that was a problem! Thanks for making us aware.

Ashley Rose said...

I just bought a pair of TOMS =) love their work!!! Rad shot of your tooties!