locked away

lock
Do you ever stop to look at the people you pass throughout your day and wonder what kinds of things they have locked up inside of them? I often wonder what kinds of memories they've clung to from their pasts or what trials they have fought to overcome. So many people in this life rely wholly on themselves, they have no one to call on, no one they trust to be vulnerable with. Thinking about these people I recognize how easy it may seem to lock all of you away, if someone doesn't know who you really are they don't have the ability to hurt you. Is that their greatest fear? The pain of rejection is terrifying but you can overcome it. Don't keep yourself from building strong friendships, from falling in love, from really loving yourself. Open your self up, you only get one chance to live your life it will be so much better if you're not alone.

15 comments:

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Very well said and the picture is lovely!

Caroline said...

Lovely! I don't lock anything away! I am an open book and it feels good to be free of holding back. Not to say I don't get burned...but I also reap the rewards :)

Wonderful photograph too!

Dr. Wifey said...

what a wonderful perspective

Crystal Rae said...

WOW... Bri.. that was deep and inspirational. Seriously. YOu have a knack for writing. Woot to you!

allenaim photography and design said...

lovely post...thank you...

Gerri said...

Well said, my dear. :) I find that I am SO open. I do not know how else to be. It IS a blessing.

Love the textures in this photo!

Kip Beelman said...

Great texture and I love the sun flare sneaking in from the right.

Celeste said...

So true. I spent years locking myself up and still got hurt. Now I am all out there and well I guess my skin had gotten tougher. i still get hurt but now I know I will survive and live some more.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Great picture and so very true.

Muthering Heights said...

Well said! The photo is stunning!

Alicia said...

That was wonderful what you wrote! How fitting for this photo!!

Nerdy Jess said...

Love love love this :)

Fresh Mommy said...

Bri, this is so good. The photo and the insight. I find myself open to lots of friendships, but it takes alot longer for me to develop close friendships and open up on that level... sometimes good and bad. Love this!

:)
~tab

lizcooper said...

I do wonder this. Sometimes I look at the expressions on people's faces as they pass by. Why are they so sad? Or mad? Or lonely? Or, very rarely, happy? I so wish my husband could grasp the concept of opening up so he could experience the blessings that come from it.

Jenny in Utah said...

Great perspective, both visual and written ... thanks for sharing!