India: Five

After two weeks of documenting the villages, hospital and orphanage Meaghan and I decided we wanted to see another side of India. We hopped on a 24 hour train to Agra, and set out to take in the beauty of the Taj Mahal, one of the 7 Wonders of the World. Our adventure began Wednesday at 3am, we got on the train around 4:30am which at that time of day seemed more like a haunted house. The aisles were incredibly small, there were dark curtains on all sides and all the heavy breathing made it impossible for Meaghan and I to get much sleep. After the rocky start, we ended up having a pretty great time with the people sharing our bunk. We talked about religion, the indian culture, and hollywood. Haha. We arrived in Agra at 3:45am where we met our driver Vijay. While in Agra we took in the Taj Mahal, the Agra Fort, an Indian Market Place, a Cashmere Carpet Company, a Gorgeous Jewlery store and we hunted for Elephant rides. We had a wonderful time. Vijay dropped us off at the train station around 8:00pm where we began our 24hour trek to Hyderabad.

Taj







11 comments:

Fresh Mommy said...

The reflection in the water... breathtaking!!! These pics are absolutely gorgeous. :)

Jenny in Utah said...

Oh MY!!! I'm speechless ... it's all just STUNNING!

Crystal Rae said...

Amazing... I'm with tab the reflection is breathtaking. :)

Gerri said...

I love the perspective of these shots. Well done, you are truly an artist!

antoinette marie said...

when i saw the first picture, i actually gasped! i mean you see these pics all the time in magazines but that's not the same as seeing an actual shot and knowing the person behind the camera....what a once in a lifetime experience! blessings...

p.s. your photograpy is beyond words!

lizcooper.wordpress.com said...

These are fantastic! The lighting is awesome! And I love the reflections too. I hope we see more from this little side adventure :-)

bjbblog said...

i have always wanted to visit the Taj, was this your favorite part of the trip, LOL, and this was built for some dudes wife, she must have been something,

Caroline said...

wow wow wow!!! Your photos are amazing. I am loving all your posts!

Sammy-J said...

your works is fantastic! i love this series especially.

Melissa said...

Oh wow, Briony, these are incredible! The synagogues, the lens flares, AMAZING. I'm in love with lens flares, and you capture your scenes with such clarity. When did you go to India? That's so cool you had the opportunity to travel and take amazing photos while you're at it. Sorry I haven't been around to comment later, I'm super behind in the blog world, but I have been watching your India series and I can't believe all the awesome shots you got. You're so dang talented.

What lens are you using for the distance shots of the Taj Mahal? We need to get a zoom lens of sorts since the 50mm is starting to limit us in some aspects, and I really want to be sold on something before we go spending that kind of money. :) I would love your advice!

julie h said...

oh. my. gosh. these are rediculous!