India Twelve: The Girlies

I fell in love with each of these faces. This was the first day I met the girlies and my heart grew the instant I met them. I was a stranger to them in more ways than one, but as weird as I must have looked to them they were also curious, so it didn't take long for them to reach out to me or to smile when I pointed my camera in their direction. Each one of them has has their own story of why they are at Chinmaya Vijaya but inspite of being separated from their families they have the sweetest dispositions and are such beautiful examples of making the best of your circumstances. I fell in love with each of their faces and miss them dearly.












More to come.

6 comments:

Fresh Mommy said...

Aww, so sweet. It's amazing how large our hearts can open when we allow it. :)

Crystal Rae said...

These are awesome, but of course. It's amazing the hear about your experience in India. I love hearing about it. :P I need to get out of the country at some point. LOL

Dr. Wifey said...

those girlies are so beautiful! i love the second pic! what an amazing experience

Marka said...

Wonderful portraits! Kids can be such fun to photograph, especially when they enjoy the process as much as the photographer.

Jenny in Utah said...

These faces are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your trip to India, your experience is so inspiring. I am grateful to have a window to the world ... bless you!

Gerri said...

I love that you call them your girlies. What beautiful little children.