Sweet Cannoli Goodness

When I was younger I was a master food inventor, I dreamed up different worlds and acted them out with my brother and friends, I found joy in creating things for my family. Whether it was writing up a play, painting up pictures, or cooking up an array of food...I was always booming with a desire to explore new outlets of creativity. As the years have passed, I've come to realize that that booming curiosity for all things creative has become more of a simmer. I've obviously still pursued it in some areas like photography but there are others i've let fall to the wayside. I'm not saying that I am meant to be a master of all things creative but I use to find joy exploring new ways to be creative and I want to get back to that place.
So, I still have a week left to decide for sure but I think next year that is what I am going to set out to do. I am going to set out to explore and develop some of my other creative interests. For years I've talked about taking a figure drawing class, drawing the human form has always been so intriguing to me and also so intimidating that I think I've purposefully avoided it out of sheer fear of failure. But I'm not going to let that stop me. One class can't hurt me right...if I hate it I never have to do it again but if I love it, it can be a new way for me to grow and learn.
I've also had a passion for painting and writing poetry, two things I did on a daily basis when I was in college and since I've been back I don't know, I guess I just let life become things I had to do rather than things I enjoyed doing. I think it could be fun to get into a writing workshop and definitely take some painting classes. I've taken a few in the past and I really enjoyed them. On top of all that this week I believe I re-ignited an interest in cooking. We hosted Christmas at our house this week and I found myself in the mix of making desserts and dinner and it was quite enjoyable. When I was younger I was obsessed with the food network. I would watch cooking shows and then decide I wanted to create a feast for my family. I would come up with the craziest concoctions and have so much fun seeing how one thing added to another could create something so tasty. I had fun doing just that this week, mixing things, chopping things, mashing things and baking things. I know that cooking is part of life and it is something I need to learn, so why not start now.
All that to say, this next week I will be looking into classes at the Flint Institute of Art and other places to see what this new year has in store. I'm getting excited. In the meantime here are some pics of the Cannoli's we made, out of this world goodness.



3 comments:

Fresh Mommy said...

They were definitely pure deliciousness!! And it's so funny, cause I can't even think of you watching the food network channel and getting to work in the kitchen, but I think it's awesome!!! It really is fun when something good like that comes together to tastefully. You've got it in you! :)

simpledaisy said...

Wow...those look delicious!! Hope you have a happy and healthy New Year:)

Gerri said...

Yummy!