Anticipation

To start off I must say that I am a bit of a travel bug, I can never get enough. Whether it is getting in my car and driving a few hours away or if it's hoping on a plane and crossing the Atlantic. I love everything about a trip. I love picking out the destination, I love figuring out the budget, I love figuring out places to visit and restaurants to dine, I even love saving for a trip. I love getting closer and closer to my goal, closer and closer to my adventure. I am currently saving for a trip to France and Italy for next summer. I am about half way to my goal. To encourage myself, and to fight off any impatience, I visited the National Geographic site and took in some of the beauty I am going to behold with my own eyes in just a few short months. I am not sure it actually helped with the impatience but it definitely stirred up some great anticipation.

France-Italy Nat Geo Collage

Since France and Italy are a little ways off, and I cannot elude the constant travel itch, my friend Rachel and I have decided to start planning mini day-trips every month. Our rules are that the destination must be within a 6hr driving range (from Davison, MI,) there has to be some fun/interesting stops along the way, and there has to be a semi-cheap hotel to stay at. I am excited for our mini-adventures. I will be sure to keep you updated when we start officially planning our first. If you have any suggestions for us please share, it could be anything from your favorite place to eat, to an awesome park or landmark. We are up for anything.

“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru

“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard

5 comments:

Marka said...

Sounds like you're gearin' up for all kinds 'a great trips!

Gerri said...

Oh, HOW fun!!! Can't wait to hear about the adventures...

Fresh Mommy said...

Absolute gorgeousness! I can't wait FOR YOU!

Jen said...

I loved Paris....amazing

Colleen said...

You have so much to look forward to! Those pictures are so amazing that they just blow my mind and make me really, really , really want to escape for awhile.:)
I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy every second.
I genuinely love to travel too...I think there is no better way to stretch the soul and challenge our perceptions a bit.