2011 - 365 Portrait Project

365 Portrait Project
I decided I need a personal photography project for 2011. I think it will help me learn more about my craft, more about finding and seeing inspiration and it will just challenge me to shoot every day. I know I should have planned this before the New Year began but better late than not at all, right? Ok, so there are a few ideas that I have that I'd like to get some input on. I would like to start Wednesday, January 5th and the project will be daily for the next year (until January 5th 2012.)

First Option: A Portrait a Day of someone new. I think this one could be hard because I don't run into many different people on a regular day but I also think that at the end of the year it could be pretty awesome, seeing all the new people I've met and shared a short moment with. If I were to do this one I would not only take their picture but I would also ask them a few questions such as: What is a your wildest dream or wish? What is unique about you and your life story? What inspires you? What would you do right now if you knew that you could not fail at completing it? Who or what has been the biggest influence in your life? What is something you need to learn? What makes you happy? Etc.

Second Option: A Self Portrait a Day. I think this one will present a challenge because it will push me to think more abstractly, but at the end of the year I think it could be really revealing as to what I think about myself and what I see when I look in the mirror.

Third Option: A Picture a Day with no specific category it has to fit into. Just the challenge of making sure I use my camera every day for a year. This is probably the easiest of the three but I know it will still be challenging on some days.

So what do you think? I'd like to hear which of the three would be most interesting to you, as well as any other ideas you'd like to add to the pot. Any feedback is appreciated :) Thanks All!

7 comments:

Gerri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gerri said...

think the self portrait one would be brilliant. What a way to dig into yourself and watch the evolution and changes of YOU!

Fresh Mommy said...

So awesome!! What if you combined them all? Use the third option, but just make sure you have a self portrait and a portrait of someone else each week?

Briony said...

ooh I like that idea Tab, it would make things a bit easier to pull off but still keep me shooting. hmm that is definitely an option. thanks!

Jeremy Barancik said...

I think I like the self-portrait idea, I always thought it would be interesting to have all those pictures at the end of the year and compare them.

allenaim photography and design said...

you You You!

Marka said...

All three are good options. Though I'm not a big portrait person, so my preference would be option three. I'm sure it'll turn out awesome no matter which route you take. Cheers!