Day18
Amanda
Amanda
Amanda
I had the privilege of going out with my dear friend Amanda today and she was gracious enough to answer some questions and let me take a few pictures of her. Amanda is a beautiful person who has overcome so much in her life, she is strong and gracious and honest. Sometimes brutally so, but I love her for it. Her best quality is that she is real, I pray you are all lucky enough to have a friend like her in your life.

Question: If you could tell your younger self one thing what would it be?
Answer: I always felt I had to control every situation and it wasn't until I was older that I realized that I'm not always in control of everything. That sometimes you just have to relax and have faith that God has a plan for you.

Question: If you could wake up anywhere tomorrow (no limitations) where would you want to wake up?
Answer: Somewhere alone in Greece or Italy, where I could get lost in the rich culture and yummy food. You know, live out my very own "Eat Pray Love" adventure.

Question: What are 5 things that come to mind when you think of the word Joy?
Answer: A mid afternoon nap. A good book - one that allows you to completely lose yourself, where your 10 chapters in before you realize any time has passed. Being in nature, taking time to admire its beauty every day. Soaking in the sunshine on my boat, I really love the feel of the sun on my skin. Rolling around on the ground with my dogs.

Question: What are you afraid of?
Answer: I am most afraid of being vulnerable. I am very guarded and I am afraid of letting people love me.

Question: I believe...
Answer: Well I am going to say two things. First, I believe in the creativity of Ben and Jerry! Second, I believe in the love your pets can bring to your life in even the darkest of days. They love you unconditionally and accept you just as you are.

Question: Who is someone that inspires you?
Answer: Amelia Earhart because she knew what she was flying into and she did it anyway. I admire her unwavering faith and bravery.

Thank you Amanda for letting me put you on the spot. I love you dearly and am so thankful to have you in my life.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I love you dearly! You always seem to bring out the very best in me and make me strive to be a better person. *hugs*

Amanda

Ashlee said...

What a beautiful post :) What a great friend you have.

Jessica Heights said...

She has such a bright smile!!

Grace said...

What a wonderful tribute to your friend. Your both lucky to have one another in your lives.

Life with Kaishon said...

I love her answer about Amelia Earheart : ) Fabulous!

Veronica Lee said...

That was a beautiful tribute! You both are really blessed to have each other.

Happy Sunday!

Gerri said...

Amanda is such a great person. I love the first shot of her. She looks like she is having so much fun!!