Day9
Dad
I talked my dad into being my first portrait project participant. It is harder to ask people than I thought. I had good intentions when I went to the bookstore, I was equipped with my project journal and my camera, but I couldn't work up the nerve to ask a stranger if they'd be willing to be a part of this. That said, I decided I am going to ease myself into this. I definitely want to meet new people and hear their answers to these questions but I am going to start by asking some of the people I see every day. Their answers are just as much a mystery to me and I thought it would help me get more of a grasp on this project. So my dear friends, you know who you are, I will be coming your way soon. Get excited :)

Question: If you could tell your younger self one thing what would it be?
Answer: The things in life you think are important; your job, your house, your car, your status in society...those things don't define your worth. They seem so important at first but really what's important is being able to see the sun rise each morning, living your life in good health, and being with family. Enjoy the abundance of things this life has to offer but don't let them define who you are. Build your identity on what matters.

Question: If you could wake up anywhere tomorrow (no limitations) where would you want to wake up?
Answer: Heaven, in the presence of my creator.

Question: What are 5 things that come to mind when you think of the word Joy?
Answer: A good cup of coffee. Seeing the majesty of the Rocky Mountains. Angelo's Coney Dogs. A great looking car. The Red Wings winning the Stanley Cup.

Question: What are you afraid of?
Answer: I'm afraid of not leaving a mark on this earth before I die. I want to be a part of something important that helps and
impacts other people.

Question: I believe...
Answer: There is one true God.


Thanks Dad for being my guinea pig. You rock. I love you!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Your Dad is handsome, and I love his answers! Especially the Red Wings winning the stanley cup part :)

Crystal Rae said...

awww... that's awesome. What a trooper. :)

Gerri said...

Very cool. His answers gave me chills...(or is it this 430am air). :)
I love his deepness, you have a pretty cool Dad!!!