Great Joy

Quote
I really love this quote. When I first read it I had a defensive feeling rise up in me, the statement about sadness really put me on edge for some reason. The more I thought about it the more I saw truth in it. For me being vulnerable with someone in my darkest moments is one of the hardest things for me to do. I've always tried to deal with things on my own. So to have someone in my life who I trust enough to not only share my laughter with but to also share my sadness is something that I definitely cherish. Thank you Lord for filling my life with wonder at your creation, adventure in the unknown, with amazing family and deep friendships, I thank you for great joy.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

That quote is so accurate and beautiful. I find it easy to share my joy and incredibly difficult to rely on somebody else when it comes to sharing my sadness. And yet, we must, we are meant to but it's really difficult. In myself I recognize this as pride.

Thanks for sharing such a thought provoking quote. Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

Gerri said...

I so agree Bri. I think it is part of the "older sibling syndrome". I struggle with it too. It is so easy to feel comfortable in our responsible skin. Our vulnerable skin feels weird to say the least. Great digging on this one.