Day Two: Fit Body Boot Camp Recap

shoes
Yesterday was day two of Fit Body Boot Camp and it was IN-TENSE. I don't think I've ever sweat so much in my life. We had two trainers with us, Brian and Denise. Denise did Monday's class, so it was nice to see a familiar face, she was intense but still approachable. Brian on the other hand just looks insanely intimidating. He looks like someone that could break a person in half. Haha. He was hard core but still very encouraging. He came over and helped Debbie and I modify some of the workouts and he encouraged us to JUST KEEP MOVING.

As always I was as red as ever. The room we do the class in is jammed packed with bodies and it doesn't have any air flow. In my head it is a horrible version of hot aerobics. I've heard of hot yoga but hot aerobics... I mean common. I can honestly say nausea hit me multiple times throughout the hour. I am not a runner but I was looking forward to going outside and running (or fast walking) around the block. By the end of the hour my limbs were like jello again, I am thinking that this is going to be the new norm for me. As soon as I got home I knew my body was beginning to feel the full affect of all that I had done because stepping up the one step it takes to get into my front door felt like climbing a mountain. No joke, I was feeling the burn. I knew that if I didn't stretch and stretch and stretch some more that I wouldn't be able to move the next day. So I did my best and I am happy to say that I am still sore but nothing like what I was feeling last night.  

Our next class is tomorrow and it is legs and abs. I have to say I am a little nervous because my legs haven't felt like this in a long time, I have no idea what tomorrow's class has in store. After this week it will be a little less nerve racking because we will know how each of the classes works. For now tomorrows torture, excuse me, I mean workout is a mystery. Brian told us he is the trainer for that one, then he laughed and said "I probably shouldn't of told you that, now you won't come. haha" I smiled at him and said "We'll be there."

Today I took a 30min walk with the pup and I am thinking about taking a bike ride this evening, I am waiting for it to get a little cooler out. My new motto: JUST KEEP MOVING.



2 comments:

Adrienne said...

The same thing happens to me - the whole red in the face thing. People want to fetch doctors! When I was a kid and did a lot of performing (acting, dancing etc.) they had to put extra make up on me to cover my special "flush"!! You are inspiring me - I love your motto...I have to figure out how to move more while doing my desk job!!

Gerri said...

Yes babe... You've go this! Make sure you're drinking TONS of water too to flush out the ickies from your muscles. That helps with alleviating pain too. LOVE YOU!