oh my... beauty haul

I recently took a trip to Ulta and Target and I bought some fun haircare, skincare and beauty goodies. Some of these items can be found in drugstores as well but I had coupons for Ulta so I purchased most of them there. I've tried every item and I am extremely happy with all of them.


beauty_haul_1



I am going to break down some of my purchases, if you don't want to hear my ramblings go ahead and skip down to the last paragraph. I promise I won't be offended.

1. I've heard a lot of great stuff about the Deva Curl product line, so I've been eager to try it. It is only sold in certain salons and a few places online. I had looked in a few salons around my area with no luck and was about to order online but I decided while at Ulta that I'd just check their hair area... and guess what, they carry it! I was so excited. I've only used it twice but I can already see a difference in my hair. The curls are more controlled and the texture of my hair is so much softer. If you have curly hair, I highly recommend this product. 

2. 3. 4. As you will see from the items that have color on my board, I've been into orangey-corrally colors. I have been a fan of the Revlon Photo Ready cream blushes for some time, they are very blendable and their colors are buildable. The Coral Reef color looks a little intimidating in the package but it is beautiful on my skin. The Maybelline Whisper lip color is a highly pigmented lip balm, I've worn it every day since I purchased it. The Revlon Lustrous Lip Glosses are a thicker glossier coverage, the Kiss Me Coral is gorgeous on its own and the Super Natural is great on its own or over a matte natural lip.

5. 9. 12. I was recently in a wedding and I had my makeup done. Two of the items they used were the E.L.F. Facial Primer and the E.L.F. Angled Eyeliner Brush. I have always struggled with eyeliner... I can never get a good strong straight line, this brush makes it so much easier. I matched it with the Maybelline Gel Liner in Blackest Black. I am still no where near pro level but I am getting better. Now it is just a matter of practice.

6. I am a naturally shiny person. It's ok to glow, but to shine all of the time... well that isn't ideal. I've been looking for a transparent powder that doesn't look cakey on my skin. So far the Rimmel London Stay Matte Transparent powder is my favorite. 

7. I was told by my friend Julie that I needed to try the Tarte BB Cream, so once my other foundation ran out I decided to give it a whirl. I have to say that I like that it has a buildable type coverage. On days that I don't need much I can put on a light layer and on days that I have blemishes I can put on more layers and it doesn't look cakey on my face.

8. My eyebrows have never been the same since my first (fear inducing) pluck job. They use to be big bushy caterpillars and they are now thin lines with really no shape to them. No matter how long I leave them the hair never grows back. So that being said, I've been seeing the Anastasia Brow Pallet in every beauty tutorial I've watched. Whether it be Jamie Greenberg, Pixiwoo, Tanya Burr or Zoella.... everyone raves about this product. I have to say so far I love the way it fills in my brows, it definitely adds to a finished look. The only thing is that I really haven't ventured into creating a shape yet... it scares me a little. I don't have confidence in the steadiness of my hand or the quickness of my strokes. I've watched countless tutorials and after a few more I think I may build up the courage to go there. I'll keep you updated.

10. 11. I've never been one for a skincare regimen. That being said, I know I need to be more proactive now that I am almost in my 30's. Ahh. I have been very lucky with my skin, but I have recently seen a little dryness in the tops of my cheeks and around my nose. I decided to try Philosophy's Purity Face Wash and Take a Breath Gel Moisturizer, they came in a kit together and from what I could tell they received great reviews. I've used them everyday since I purchased them and I have no complaints. I think with a little more time I will be able to tell if it is accomplishing what I need.

13. 14. I am a big fan of Sam Chapman, one of the pixiwoo sisters. I watch her and her sister Nic on YouTube and I love trying all of their tutorials. Sam has a brush line that I've been using for awhile but I just purchased two more brushes for my kit, the shading brush and setting brush. I will use the setting brush with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder and the shading brush on my eyes. I still have to be a bit more adventurous with my eyes... that is something I am working on hopefully this brush gets the ball rolling :)

So that was my latest haul. I will try to do one of these whenever I buy anything I think is worth sharing. Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these products or if you have any product suggestions that you think I should try. 

xoxo

1 comment:

Sue Skerjance said...

I haven't used any of these products, but I'll gladly try yours when you come home. ha ha