Relish Life!



Seize life! Eat bread with gusto, Drink wine with a robust heart. Oh yes—God takes pleasure in your pleasure! Dress festively every morning. Don’t skimp on colors and scarves. Relish life with the spouse you love. Each and every day of your precarious life. Each day is God’s gift. It’s all you get in exchange for the hard work of staying alive. Make the most of each one! Whatever turns up, grab it and do it. And heartily! This is your last and only chance at it, For there’s neither work to do nor thoughts to think in the company of the dead, where you’re most certainly headed. 
Ecclesiastes 9:7-10 The Message

enjoytoday2

I love this verse and I really like this version of it. I am definitely an advocate and admirer of the “seize the day,” “carpe diem” type of lifestyle. I see those people that rarely waste a moment in their day and honestly get a bit mad at myself for not being more like them. Living that kind of life takes some massive drive, passion and effort. You often times have to get out of your head and comfort zone, two things that can be challenging for a lot of us. The main thing to recognize is that there is nothing keeping me or you from being like “them," accept the limits we place on ourselves.  Now I’m not saying that I think every day needs to be an epic adventure but I do think that each day should be lived filled with love; showing love, receiving love, being love. That, and an excessive amount of laughter doesn’t hurt either. We aren’t promised an endless number of days, I want to do my best not to waste the ones I am given.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about my life . Don't want to look back and wish I would have done something.that I did not do. But it is hard to keep on that track with all of life's surprises. Need to keep LOVE in our life's and GOD and it will all work out. Love Dad

Gerri said...

Carpe Diem indeed!!