oh my... Aliyah's 7 & I've got another gift idea for you


Last night we celebrated Aliyah's 7th birthday. A group of all her Florida friends and family came together to make her birthday (that is actually today) as special as we could. The party was held at her favorite restaurant, Sweet Tomatoes, and it was full of yummy food, presents, a special bday cupcake and lots of giggles. I honestly can't believe she is 7, it's been fun to reflect on the past six years. She has grown to be an amazing young lady, a brave big sister and a supportive and steadfast friend. I can't wait to see what this next year holds for her.

aliyahs_7thbday_gift
1// $2 Beauty Bag set of two (Target Dollar Bins - In Store)   2// Matte Nail Polish (hand me down she asked me for)   
3// Lip Smuckers Chapstick in Watermelon   4// $1 Nail Art Stickers in Leopard Print (Target Dollar Bins - In Store)   
5// ELF Shimmering Facial Whip    6// Bubble Yum Bubble Gum   7// $1 BFF Ring Set (Target Dollar Bins - In Store)   
8// $1 Stationary Set (Target Dollar Bins - In Store)   9// Circo Girls Woven Top


I am currently on a budget, like most people, but I still wanted to get Aliyah something I knew she'd love and something that'd make her feel special. I gave myself a $20 limit and I am happy to report that I checked out at $16.78. When it came to wrapping, I used a bag that I had saved and then I sorted all the items into two groups. The first group of bits and bobs went into the bigger beauty bag and the second group of beauty items went into the smaller bag. Aliyah's makeup collection is growing and I thought the two bags would not only be fun for her to open on her birthday and find the goodies but that they would also be great to help her keep all her makeup, lipgloss and nail polish organized and in one place. I topped the bag off with her shirt, the little layers of ruffles on the back replaced the tissue paper I would normally buy.

She seemed pretty happy when she opened it, which to me is a win. Giving gifts is one of my favorite things to do, that being said I've had to learn to be wise and to embrace a budget savvy mindset while shopping for all the goodies. A great gift doesn't have to break the bank to be special, it just has to be full of love.

Happy Birthday Aliyah! I love you lots!

3 comments:

Sue Skerjance said...

What a great idea! I love that you used the shirt as tissue paper...very clever.

Anonymous said...

Good For You !!
Love Dad

Gerri said...

You're a great picker!!