Winter Smiles

We got quite a bit of snow today. I am not the biggest fan of the white stuff, so I decided to remind myself of some of the things that I liked about the cold. That little journey led to me going through some of my Alaska pictures. Alaska was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and going through the pictures helped me look out my window and see the beauty hidden in the white. I may not like it, but I can see how it transforms our world and makes it something new and fresh, even for just a moment. Here are some of my favorite images from Alaska I do hope to go back one day and fall in love with the cold all over again. For now I will embrace what is outside my window.

9 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

These are just breathtaking. What a gorgeous trip. Snow really can be magnificent when looked at the right way :)

Marka said...

Great photos! I especially like the photo of the buoy; it really stands out against the blues and white.

Huong said...

Um, wow. I've been to Alaska a few times for layovers but seeing your images makes me want to actually explore it. Thought there wouldn't be much more than snow and that it could be same old same old...but these images are stunningly beautiful.

Glad that it snowed and glad that it provoked you to look through the archives :)

Anonymous said...

Alaska is for sure on the list for a cruise.... snow is awesome and the only thing we can do is smile and hope it doesn't last til April, love snow just not in spring....

Kara Wieler said...

So beautiful! Where ever this is, that's where I want to spend my winter!

Markus said...

You don't have to go all the way to Alaska to look at scenery like that...the western third of Montana looks like many of those mountain scenes. And don't forget the western half of Colorado - I'm sure Anthony and Sylvia would put you up!

Erin said...

these are so awesome! never thought alaska was high on my list of places to visit, until now :)

Gerri said...

I missed these...they are amazing. Devin and I want to take an Alaskan cruise one day.

Gerri said...

BTW, I love those little dudes hanging out on that red and green thingy! LOVE THAT!!!