Perfect Blue

Bay City

There is something about the end of a summer day, when that calm begins to settle and stillness begins to take root. Saturday was a perfect reflection of this transition, from bright over active sunshine to cool calm starlight. As the night fell and the water broke the shore, we sat hugged by the gentle breeze and the light of the moon above. Sitting there it was easy to feel a little bit lighter. The worries swelling in my heart and the thoughts of tomorrow that constantly fill my mind faded to the background and the stillness washed over me. For me there can never be too many summer nights like these. I love finding that perfect blue, that stillness and calm that energizes your mind and comforts your heart. It was a great night.

“Warm summer sun, shine kindly here. Warm southern wind, blow softly here. Green sod above, lie light, lie light. Good night, dear Heart, Good night, good night.” Mark Twain

1 comment:

Gerri said...

Just lovely Bri. I looking forward to some blue, lazy, summer nights...:)