Say Yes

There are times when you know something isn't good for you even if you want it, times when you have to walk away from an opportunity or a person, times when you have to say no. If you think about it, when you say no to one thing you are saying yes to something else. You may not know what it is but in time the fruits of that decision will be revealed. Today, I am focusing on the half glass full and looking at the little things that have the power to reroute my day, my week, my life. I am saying yes.

Me
(I got the idea for this entry from the amazing Natalie Norton she inspires me.)

This week I say yes to making time to hang with good friends.

I say yes to laughing until my eyes are leaking and my stomach hurts.

I say yes to setting new schedules and changing my mornings.

I say yes to 6 am.

I say yes to good thoughts that energize me, uplift me and encourage me.

I say yes to getting off the computer and reading a good book.

I say yes to making lists and getting things done.

I say yes to creativity.

I say yes to smiling at strangers.

I say yes to singing and dancing in the car.

I say yes to 7 hours of sleep every night.

I say yes to encouraging others and being a supportive friend.

I say yes to paying it forward.

I say yes to God. Yes to sincere worship.

I say yes to truly loving this life I've been given.

I say yes to my dreams.

I say yes to love.

What are some things that you are saying Yes to?

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Wonderful list! Can I make it my own too? I really need to work on so many of these things in my life...it's so easy to get into a habit of focusing on the less than positive (you know, not downright negative, but that lethargic, fine I'll do it or eh, it's ok I guess sort of attitude?:).

This is a great reminder to me that the decision to be happy is up to us. I need that today so thanks!

Hope you have a great day!

Colleen

ARK said...

Such truth!

Tabitha Blue said...

I say YES!!

Crystal Rae said...

Oh snap. I'm saying YES!

Gerri said...

Good for you!