It's time to unwind.


random (1 of 4)

Let's be honest life gets busy. Our calendars fill up quicker than we can blink. We all have a number of commitments and responsibilities that fill our days. That being said, If we aren't careful we can get to a point where we burn ourselves out. That is why I truly believe, no matter if your married, dating or single that it is extremely important to take a little "me" time to unwind and reflect. I came up with 5 easy ways to unwind after a long day, that don't require too much time.

Disclaimer: When it comes to all of these suggestions, they all are a suggestion of taking at least 30minutes for yourself. I hate how easy it is for people to say, I can't find the time... you can make the time to take 30 minutes for yourself a week. I would go so far to say each day (or at least every other day,) but I don't want to push my luck with those of you who are married and have kids. I know your schedules are jam packed. I can't speak for your schedules but I encourage you to try and find the time. I truly believe you will be happier for it. 

Go for a simple picnic.
It can be in your backyard or on top of a mountain. Just pack yourself a nice treat, grab a favorite magazine, book, devotional or a journal and embrace the slower pace. It's simple and doesn't require you to spend any money. Shop your pantry or fridge for the treat and pick up that book that's been sitting on your shelf for the last 6months just waiting to be read. If by chance, you don't have one of those books... call a friend and raid their personal library.

Watch the sunset. 
The first step is to get outside; go to the beach, a park or if you don’t want to leave home head out to your yard. Once you’ve found your sunset spot, take a moment to reflect on your day. You will never have that day again; each sunset marks the end of something. I encourage you to make time to be thankful for all the good that came to you and to release all the bad. So when the sun rises and brings you a new day, you can walk into it the best way possible.

Go for a bike ride or walk. 
Take some time to “literally” escape your surroundings. Grab your ipod, turn on your favorite song and just go. Not only will this help you de-stress, but it will burn calories and keep you healthy. Win-Win.

Treat yourself. 
For a lot of people something sweet like chocolate or ice cream is a nice treat, but for others you may enjoy a glass of wine or a rich strong coffee. It doesn’t have to be outrageous, it just has to be something that makes you smile.

Take up a hobby. 
We all have a lot of things we “have to do,” because of this I think a lot of us lose sight of the things we “want to do.” To battle this, I encourage you to take the time to rediscover something you once loved or uncover something new that brings you joy. It can be anything from blogging, cooking, scrapbooking, couponing, baking, sewing, drawing, painting, writing, photography, etc. Just find something you can get excited about and start doing it. Don't put it off for tomorrow.

random (2 of 4)

These are simple things that we all know, but rarely do. I think it's time we change that, what about you?

2 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

These are such great suggestions! I know I need to take the time for me... and by myself, more often! Thanks for the reminder ;)

Gerri said...

I'm all for treating myself!