Life Update


Hi friends!

So I am changing things up a little bit. I didn't want to go a whole week without posting but I haven't had any time to actually make any posts. As you know most of my posts on here are more about the things that I love and less about my everyday life, but because I'm going through some changes and haven't had a chance to  share with you what I normally do I thought I'd sit down and update you a little on what's been going on these last few weeks. I promise I will go back to sharing all my favorite new beauty products, trends, tips AND I have a post coming up on the progress of my new space. For now though, because I haven't had time to put those posts together I am just going to talk to you a bit. I hope that is OK.

I've recently started a new part time job and with that job came three weeks of training in Lakeland Florida. Lakeland is not close and I've spent a lot of hours on the road going to and from. I now have an insane amount of respect for all those that have long daily commutes. I don't know how you do it. The training is only three weeks so the massive commute for me will end after this Friday. Thank You Lord! I'm going to have a lot more free time after that. Which I look forward to because I miss blogging. I know it's only been a little while but I've come to really enjoy making my blog posts and not having the time to do it has been a little bit of a downer for me. 

For the last two years, since I moved to Florida from Michigan, I've set my own work schedule. I would work on freelance graphic projects, photography and my online classes when I wanted. There weren't set time constraints put on me from anybody but myself. Don't get me wrong, I had work to do and I made sure it got done in time but my hours were my own. With this new job, I'm back to having someone else set my schedule and that has been a transition for me. Not bad, but different. I keep hearing, "you're back in the real world sweetie, it's time to be a grown up" in the back of my head. Not that I think those that are self employed are any less grown up, more so it was I personally wasn't living like a grown up. I want to start saving for my future, but in order to do that I have to make more than what I need to live on... hence the new part time job. I will still have a lot of my time to do freelance graphics, photography and my online classes. I'll just have another income coming in that will help me when those jobs slow down. Anyone who is self employed has experienced the slow season and knows what I am talking about. It's nice to have a little security. Plus I'm ready, for what exactly I don't know, but I feel like this is a step in the right direction.

I've really enjoyed training for the most part. Yes, there are times when I get a little overwhelmed. I am learning a whole new set of skills and sometimes it feels like a lot to take in, but at the same time I like the challenge. I can honestly say that I like having somewhere to go and work. I like meeting and interacting with new people every day. I like learning a new skill.  This new job, while it has given me some boundaries that I don't love (like not being able to leave on a trip at a moments notice, not having all my time to spend with my family when they visit) it has already brought a lot of good into my life. 

Tomorrow, I have the first of two exams. I will be studying for it the rest of this evening and then a little in the morning once I get to Lakeland after my commute. I'll keep you updated. Wish me luck!

xoxo
Briony

No comments: